Timewarp Inc. is organizing a free to enter skill contest based on its Mafia Pigs video game. The Contest will be held on February 11th, 2023. This documents provides the rules for the contest.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: the contest is open to individuals over the 18 years of age. Employees of Timewarp Inc. are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor: the Contest is sponsored by Timewarp Inc.
- Agreement of Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set out within.
- Contest period: The contest will be held between 10am EST an midnight EST on Saturday, 11th February, 2023.
- How to enter: Entrants must complete the event signup form by 9am EST on Saturday, 11th February, 2023. Only one entry is permitted per individual.
- Prize awards: winning prizes in the contest is determined by via victory in the skill Contest outlined below. In the event that Contest rules are not followed, technical issue prevent completion of the event or any other unforseen circumstances, representatives of the Sponsor may award prizes how they sees fit.
- Winner notification: Winners shall be notified by email within 5 days of their vistory. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within 30days, their prize may be withdrawn or allocated to another entrant at the discretion of the sponsor.
- Prizes: The prizes to be awarded are as follows: 1st Prize 2x$50 Steam Gift Cards (1 winner), 2nd Prize 1x$50 Steam Gift card (1 winner), Finalists who did not win first or second prize 1x$20 Steam Gift Card (6 winners). Additional prizes may be offered.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participatin in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its representatives against any claim or action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt, or use of the prize. Related parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by game users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punative, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Applicable law and disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that all disputes, claims and actions, arising from this content shall be resolved according to the laws of Texas, USA and in the appropriate court for the matter.
- Privacy: all information collected in persuance of this contest are for use in relation to this Contest only and will not be used for any other purpose.
Annex A : Contest format and conditions for winning
The contest is a trial of skill at the video game Mafia Pigs. All contestants will use the latest version of the Mafia Pigs Demo game available via Steam on the day of the contest. Usage of the software is free. Contests must have signed up to compete via the Contest web site.
Contestants will compete in a series of games as follows:
- Each contestant will participate in either the European Server or the United States Server Contest. In each contest:
- A series of elimination heats each with up to 4 players, if required, to reduce the number of players to 8. The top two players in a heat progress to the next round.
- Semi-finals: the top 8 players from the heats will compete in three elimination matches. The top two players in a semi-final progress to the grand final.
- Grand final: a best-of-three series of matches between up to 4 players. 4 points are scored for a win, 2 for second place, and 1 for third place. 4th place receives zero points in this that round. The winner is the player with the highest number of victory points. In the case of a tie, the cumulative game score will be used to break the tie.
This process produces a winner for each of the two server contest, each with a game score. The prizes are awared as follows:
- Overall winner: the winner of one of the server finals with the higher game points total across the three rounds of their grand final.
- Second place overall: the winner of one of the server finals with the second higher game points total across the three rounds of their grand final.
- All qualifiers of the two Grand final matches in each region (up to 3 players in each server final, 6 in total).
In such a situation that scores are tied, the judges shall make a judgement or considering the full prize to each contestant. In cases of technical errors, hacking or any other incidents that disrupt play, judges shall have the final say in awarding points, victory or calling for a re-run of any match.